a blade of grass

… he told me that perfection could be learned from nature. be more humble than a blade of grass; more tolerant than a tree. give respect to others freely, without expectation or motive. in such a state of mind, stripped bare of your false pretenses, call out to your Lord eternally.

i’m still working on it …

2006/08/21

Turntables and Food (more pix from Japan)



At a music instrument store, I got to sample the latest DJ equipment, including an amazing Technics CD turntable. I spent 30 minutes scratching, looping, and re-living my DJ college days. Because the Japanese are unbelievably polite, nobody bothered me, and a small crowd of Japanese children even gathered around me like I was a superstar!

But all that Dj'ing made me hungry. So, I head to the food court -- an impressive gallery full of Japanese and wannabe-American fast food.



Unfortunately Japanese food seems to favor meat, fish, and eggs without exception. A common dish is a mass of colorful noodles and seafood with a large sunny-side egg draped on top of it.


No comments: