a blade of grass

… he told me that perfection could be learned from nature. be more humble than a blade of grass; more tolerant than a tree. give respect to others freely, without expectation or motive. in such a state of mind, stripped bare of your false pretenses, call out to your Lord eternally.

i’m still working on it …

2007/07/31

and now a word from our sponsors



Haribol,


One of the trickiest things about keeping a travel journal is traveling and keeping a journal. On the one hand, you have experiences that are just the sort of thing you should be writing about -- exciting, meaningful, and (perhaps) spiritually moving experiences. On the other hand, having those experiences doesn't always leave so much time for writing about them. Factor in the character flaws of being a perfectionist and a procrastinator, and... well, I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I'm sorry for not blogging (and emailing) better while we are here in Italy.


I hope to catch up (my famous back posting) soon. Til then, here's a rushed update before I go to bed:

The conference ended last night with a sweet goodbye dinner (ate too much) and some prolonged goodbyes (talked too much). Today marks the first day of our official holiday. Although we shifted from the temple, we're still here in Albettone, a town outside of Vincenza proper, we are now staying at the beautiful home of our godbrother and sister Giridhari and Gandharvika. Today we ate loads of homemade prasadam pizza, did some shopping, and took some amazing japa walks while touring abbeys and cathedrals.

Tomorrow morning we live for Venice. For part of our time there we will be staying in a hotel, so right now I am saying a selfish prayer to Lord Krishna for wireless internet access there. (Hey, whether one has no desires, all desires, or desires liberation...)


By the way, because I've had some pretty austere internet connections here so far, I've had some problems uploading pictures and even running a spell check on these entries. Sorry about that too. Hopefully, I can fix that soon enough and start posting up some pix.


Please check back soon. And thanks and love to everyone who is encouraging me to keep this blog going.



Radhe Syama!


3 comments:

Ekendra Dasa said...

"Please check back soon. And thanks and love to everyone who is encouraging me to keep this blog going."

Go! Go! Go! Keep blogging. Your writing is light-hearted and makes me laugh out loud (more than once now).

Anonymous said...

Hare Krsna VBD,

I always thought you had an exciting lifestyle, so it's great to be able to share in your experiences in this way. Plus, I rarely see you & Krs anymore (I know, I have recently become quite the hermit), so by reading your posts I feel like I am somehow still in touch w/y'all...maybe I should start blogging too and then we will never have to have a real conversation again. =p I'm glad to hear your trip is going well...pizza and jacuzzis...does it get any better than that? If it does...please don't tell me!=) I would ask you to bring me back some authentic Italian pizza but I'm not sure about the hygienic implications...anyhow...enjoy your trip, and please continue blogging!

Gauri Priya dd

Anonymous said...

ur blogs make me wanna give up studying pharmacy n apply for a job at iskcon communications..lol please keep continuing..for some reason i feel very home-y after reading them =)