a blade of grass

… he told me that perfection could be learned from nature. be more humble than a blade of grass; more tolerant than a tree. give respect to others freely, without expectation or motive. in such a state of mind, stripped bare of your false pretenses, call out to your Lord eternally.

i’m still working on it …

2007/05/11

Festival of Inspiration


Today, the Festival of Inspiration begins. I think it is one of the most exciting and, well, inspiring events I get to attend all year. This year, the roster is intentionally full of devotees who are usually not given "top billing." Some may find that a turn-off, and there may be some grumblings about "second-tier" speakers or "not having enough sannyasis" there.

Personally, I think that this a great sign that the Festival is progressive, broad minded, and visionary. And there are so many wonderful devotees who have so much to share, and we rarely get to hear from them like this.

That is not to say that I don't miss the "big guns" being there. I'm particularly bummed that my spiritual master, Srila Radhanath Swami, will not be there. But I'm excited about attending seminars by Mahatma Prabhu, Rupa Raghunath Prabhu, and Yadunath Prabhu.

Hope to keep everyone updated, and to spread the inspiration around.

ys,
VBD

No comments: