a blade of grass

… he told me that perfection could be learned from nature. be more humble than a blade of grass; more tolerant than a tree. give respect to others freely, without expectation or motive. in such a state of mind, stripped bare of your false pretenses, call out to your Lord eternally.

i’m still working on it …

2007/05/03

"Our belief hot ISKCON... and we believe in kill."

About a year ago, Children's Pressline (a "by kids, for kids" news agency) contacted me about doing a story on youth who mission (i.e. preach). I helped to set up interviews with two of our Pandava Sena all-stars -- Mohit and Gopika.The interviews were done and the story was eventually written.

While googling something the other day, though, I discovered that somehow the story made its way into a magazine in Holland. Gopika ran it through freetranslation.com and came up with the version below. I don't know why I find this so hilarious, but I do. Either it is a PR nightmare, or the most brilliant marketing that ISKCON has ever done. Anyway, here it is. Enjoy:

Mohit: Our belief hot ISKCON and we believe that there a god is. Our beliefs is a sect within the hindoeisme. As child read I the stories over Srila Prabhupada, the man that this godsclienst is begun. a,. I realized that all seen man so many can do, I then must help its belief to let survival. I want not that all its work for nothing is been. Therefore predict I my belief. I want the dividing with others and hope that the their lives luck will bring because summoned believe me also luck lifts brought. It is neit my intention men to convert, but they to let know that belief exists. If they not fortunately are then is honor and believe that them can help. If I make data an others clear, they can get more out the life.

Gopika: Vegetarian food is an also part of our religion. We do not believe in medeleven with all living wizens and we believe in kill. Also because we believe that we not really our bodies are, but souls and that each living orphans a soul lifts. Thus we do not believe in the dead of others

Mohit: My belief comes on the first place, even for school. Everybody know that my belief much considerablyer for me is then school or hobbies and that understand she also. And just because zed knowledge I become ate treated with more respect.

Gopika: I he bone normal school life. My friends respectern me round my religion and my belief and the work that I do.

Mohit: I do already from my fourth missionary work. It amazes men that I speak that I am so young and already so hardcore supporter. Others cannot differ it. They walk away, but that do not makes me out. My whole family follows my belief. They are all quite happy that I prepare be took the errand to proclaim. They support me 100 per cent.

# # #

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like I could translate it back to English for you Prabhuji (properly ;))

Anonymous said...

"We do not believe in medeleven with all living wizens..."
Neither do I! I think...