a blade of grass

… he told me that perfection could be learned from nature. be more humble than a blade of grass; more tolerant than a tree. give respect to others freely, without expectation or motive. in such a state of mind, stripped bare of your false pretenses, call out to your Lord eternally.

i’m still working on it …

2007/05/23

Krishna Cares! - the photo essay -


Krishna Cares @ the AIDS Walk on Sunday, May 20th
~ a photo essay ~

Krishna Cares co-founder Bhaktin Nicole with her mom, Nancy. From the moment she proposed the idea of a Krishna Cares team to the very last step we took, Nicole has been instrumental in leading the project. Thanks Nicole!



Looking for a good grihasta activity? Forget the movies, consider an AIDS Walk instead.



Brahmacaris can have fun there too! Our lovable monk, NYC Pandit, chanting and walking in ecstasy.



Ari proudly carries the Krishna Cares sign, but the others are still "on the fence." (sorry for the pun, I couldn't resist)



...walk - chant - smile...



Q: Why is Pandit so happy?
A: Because he's never been able to convince so many devotees to put on saffron before!


An unlikely kirtan superstar: Geeta (and her crew) rock the mahamantra, Bhakti Tirtha e'shtyle.



Chant ... and be happy!


After crossing the finish line -- and we are ready to do it all over again!



... okay maybe not.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hare Krishna Team!

VBD,

I can't thank you enough for all of your help, and all of the wonderful things you have said about me, and my Mother. You are a wonderful person and instrumental part of Team Krishna Cares. A team in which I am most proud to call myself a member. I love the pics! We look great together…The orange is so terrific! My new favorite color..

I know this is the beginning of a beautiful organization which can only compliment the overwhelming kindness and love I have found from all of you at 2nd ave. I can't agree with what you said on Sunday more. I feel the Lord has graced me once again by leading me to 2nd ave, and seeing what is truly important in this life (serving the Lord by helping those who need it most). That inspiration has come from all of you.

You are the best. Much love to you all. Thank you so much for helping start this. Looking forward to many many more great events where we can chant the names of the Lord and help people in need.

Your Friend, and Servant

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Wow! How awesome that you all took the time and energy to commit to such a worthy cause. It's great to see devotees really get involved in their communities on a broader scale. And, what a wonderful way to spread the Holy Name. Krishna Cares ki jaya!

Vineet said...

^ "... and now I know how Joan of Arc felt, now I know how Joan of Arc felt..."

Anonymous said...

p.s.
I think I remember reading one of your articles in BTG when I was in high school. That was between '92-'96. I lived in a town where there was no temple (norfolk, VA) and BTG was my connection to Krishna and His devotees.

Anonymous said...

Haribol! Great pics! You all look so wonderul and it's so nice that you raised a decent amount of money for this wonderful cause. I'm so sorry that I missed actually walking with you all. Perhaps Krishna Cares can do this again for the Breast Cancer Walk coming up in October? There was one this past month but I believe another one is coming up in the fall. Anyway, your pics are wonderful and congrats to you all for your hard work!

Shyama Kishori dd

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Where can I get one of those t-shirts?